The Backyard Beekeeper, now in its 4th edition, makes the time-honored and complex tradition of beekeeping an enjoyable and accessible backyard pastime that will appeal to urban and rural beekeepers of all skill levels.
More than a guide to beekeeping, this handbook features expert advice for:
- Setting up and caring for your own colonies
- She best location to place your new bee colonies for their safety and yours
- The most practical and nontoxic ways to care for your bees
- Swarm control
- Using top bar hives
- Harvesting the products of a beehive and collecting and using honey
- Bee problems and treatments
- Information for Urban Bees and Beekeepers
- Using Your Smoker the Right Way
- Better Pest Management
- Providing Consistent and Abundant Good Food
- Keeping Your Hives Healthy
With this complete resource and the expert advice of Bee Culture editor Kim Flottum, your bees will be healthy, happy, and more productive.